Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What's this 21 Day Fix all about?!?

My nutrition has always been a thorn in my side since starting my journey. I started with simply counting calories without realizing that there was a difference between good and bad calories. As long as I stayed under my calories, I was a happy a girl! Then I started educating myself about the different types of calories and what "clean" eating was all about. I started learning that low calorie and fat free were doing more harm to my body than good. Skinnytaste became my best friend, and I started whipping up recipes. I finally found my home in the kitchen and felt like I was Julia Childs. Even with these changes, I wasn't getting the results that I was expecting. What was I doing wrong? I started realizing that my portions were out of control, and I wasn't always eating all of the right foods.
     Enter the 21 Day Fix- I was super excited for this program because it was the answer to my prayers. It was going to tell me what to eat and how much I could have of each group. When I first got the program, I thought that I was going to starve because the containers were so small. I found out that I needed to eat a lot more vegetables and my love, carbs, were going to be minimal. I was determined to make this program work, so I swallowed my doubts and forged on. On the first day, I was completely shocked at how much food I was able to eat. I couldn't even eat all of the containers. I realized that I needed to plan and prep a little bit more than I did if I wanted to be successful. There were many days that I cheated and didn't follow the plan. It was full of trial and error and figuring out what foods I liked to eat and adapt to the idea of eating the same thing all week.
     I just recently completed my fourth round of the "fix". This was my most successful round because I finally had the program figured out. I knew what I needed to do to be successful. The key was figuring out my food ahead of time, putting my workouts in my planner, figuring out new ways to get vegetables in my day, and finding someone to hold me accountable. This time around I lost 7.6 pounds! The trick is going to be figuring out way to keep up the habits that I developed and stick to it. If you are interested in hearing more about the basics of the program, listen to my Youtube video.
Buddha Bowl: 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green

Whole grain wrap with scrambled eggs with spinach and mushrooms
1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green


No comments:

Post a Comment