Monday, August 25, 2014

Recipes and Challenges

I decided it might be easier to put the recipes here since I did get enough likes on my page, Teaching Myself and Others to be Healthier . I will share the original recipe and then the tweaks that I have made to satisfy my taste buds.

Sante Fe Chicken (adapted from Skinnytaste) 

Ingredients: 
  • 24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
  • 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
  • 15 oz can black beans
  • 8 oz frozen corn
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
  • salt to taste

Directions: 
    Combine chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock potSeasonchicken breast with salt and lay on top.  

    Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, removechicken and shredReturn chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste. Serve over rice or tortillas and your favorite toppings.

    For me, I use a jar of salsa instead of the tomatoes with chilies

    Turkey Meatballs

    1 lb. ground turkey breast
    3/4 c. feta cheese (I used parmesan)
    1/2 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
    1/2 tsp. oregano
    1 egg
    3 cloves or garlic (I use garlic powder) 

    I put them in the crock pot with our homemade sauce on low to cook. 


    I've spent the last 8 weeks cheating on Shaun T, and it is time for us to get back together. I will be starting a 4 week challenge group starting September 8th. Contact me at jenniferveigel@gmail.com if you would be interested in joining me and 2 other ladies. IF you are a t25 fan, I promise that you will not be disappointed.

    My FREE challenge group for September is entitled "Stepping into September". It will focus on tips and accountability for those who are runners/walkers or interested in becoming a runner or walker. I will provide tips that I have used over the years to improve my running. If you are interested in joining, please feel out this form and look for an email in a few days. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment